VIEIRA POCARGIL S.A.
Operation code: NORTE-02-0853-FEDER-023508
Designation: PROJETOS INDIVIDUAIS – INOVAÇÃO PRODUTIVA
Operational Program: Programa Operacional Regional do Norte
Thematic Objective: OT 3 – Strengthening the competitiveness of small and medium-sized enterprises
Investment Priority: PI 3.3 – Support for the creation and extension of advanced product and service development capabilities
Typology of Intervention: TI 53 – Qualification and innovation of PME
Total Investment: 1.539.028,29 euros
Eligible Investment: 1.381.556,81 euros
Returnable Incentive: 828.934,09 euros
Start date: 01/10/2016
End Date: 31/12/2017
Project location: MONTE-ZONA INDUSTRIAL – 4830-102 CAMPOS Póvoa de Lanhoso
Pocargil intended to create a creative design and fashion centre internally, increasing commercial value as an essential process for sustained customer loyalty. It planned to increase the finishing lines either on the ironing tables or on the packaging line.
The strategic objectives of the submitted application were:
- To boost production capacity by 40% by increasing the technological base, through the inclusion of more sophisticated and improved equipment in its production process, with special focus on the finishing lines, whether in ironing or packaging lines.
- Create conditions for transferring creative and innovative skills, promoting the concept of creation and co-creation;
- Increase Turnover to 55 million until 2019;
- Promote customer diversification, avoiding focus on the Inditex group;
- Explore customers from other geographies: the Netherlands and Ireland to smooth out the seasonality characteristic of orders coming mostly from the same geography.